Sir Bruce Forsyth is due to return home later after spending five nights in intensive care following a severe chest infection.
The 89-year-old’s manager said he had been in St Peter’s Hospital in Surrey since Sunday.
“Sir Bruce Forsyth is scheduled to return home from hospital later today and would like to thank everyone for their good wishes,” Ian Wilson said.
He added the entertainer thanked hospital staff for their care.
“[Sir Bruce] and his family would also like to say a special thank you to all the NHS doctors, nurses and staff at St Peter’s Hospital for their kindness and care.”
In 2015, the presenter underwent keyhole surgery after suffering two aneurysms, which were discovered when tests were carried out following a fall at his Surrey home.
Sir Bruce left Strictly Come Dancing in 2014, having presented it since the first series, but his manager denied reports last October that he had retired from the entertainment industry.
At the time, Mr Wilson said Sir Bruce was “recuperating from various health issues”, adding: “His sole focus at the moment is to continue getting better and he has made no formal or informal decision about retiring from showbusiness.”
Sir Bruce has not been seen in public recently, and was too frail to attend the funerals of close friends Ronnie Corbett and Sir Terry Wogan last year.
In an interview last October, his wife said he was still having “a bit of a problem moving”.
“He’s in incredible shape mentally but he gets very tired,” she said, adding: “With a little bit of luck he should be back.”