A DIRECTOR was offering $US25,000 to film a promotional video for a new movie. He took a money, though spent it on victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
Just days after a gale strike a Philippines, Casey Neistat perceived a offer to fire a promo for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty in that he was asked to live out his dreams. To that Neistat responded: “Here’s my concept. Give me a budget, I’ll go to a Philippines and spend each penny assisting people in need.” The 20th Century Fox film studio concluded to his concept, and 3 days after he left for a Philippines with his crony Oscar.
In another instance of munificence trumping greed, a male who won a $42 million in a lottery says he’s giving each cent of it divided to charity. “The income is all going to charity,” Tom Crist said. “I am happy we won given we can present a lot of income to charity. Personally a income is going to do 0 for me.” Mr Crist pronounced he would give most of a income to cancer charities, after his mother Jan died of a illness dual years ago.
Meanwhile, a Pope has distinguished his 77th birthday by carrying 4 homeless group – including one who brought his dog with him – over to a Vatican for breakfast.
WORLD NEWS: KNOX SENDS AN INNOCENT EMAIL
– Amanda Knox has taken a surprising step of emailing an Italian justice to contend she was trusting of her roommate’s heartless murder.
– Preacher Harold Camping, who used his devout radio network and thousands of billboards to promote a finish of a world, has died during age 92.
– Three group have been condemned to 20 years in jail for a gang-rape of a US traveller who was pounded in a foothills of a Himalayas.
– A zookeeper has been mauled to genocide by a tiger, with colleagues observant a male entered a tiger enclosing and was not seen again.
– A transport commuter is confronting a awaiting of 5 years in jail and a punishment for wielding a sword on a sight while dressed as a samurai.
SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS, MONEY, AND MAYBE DIAMONDS
– Three of a world’s 4 fastest-rising hunt requests on Google this year were triggered by a deaths of famous men.
– Small dogs are some-more expected to be assertive and disposed to mountain people in what researchers trust is an homogeneous to brief male syndrome.
– It has been station for thousands of years, though Britain’s ancient Stonehenge relic has been given a complicated makeover.
– Australian geologists have non-stop adult a tantalising though argumentative awaiting that Antarctica could be abounding in diamonds.
– A member of a House of Lords has shielded “clocking in” for reduction than 40 mins to get his assemblage allowance, observant everybody does it.
– Prostitutes have demanded a same retirement taxation perks as veteran footballers given they also do “difficult earthy work”
SHOWBIZ: CELEBRITIES FAME AND SHAME ON SHOW
– Nirvana, Kiss and Peter Gabriel will be inducted into a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame subsequent year, though rappers N.W.A. unsuccessful to make a cut.
– Nigella Lawson’s former personal partner “frequently” found rolled-up banknotes with white powder on them in her handbag, she has told a court.
– There will be a new book in The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo trilogy, with an an author hired to write a supplement to a array by a late Stieg Larsson
– In Catch-up Confidential, Colin Farrell says his loyalty with Elizabeth Taylor was his final “romantic relationship”
SPORT: HEATHER MILLS’S PARALYMPIC BID FAILS
– The former mother of Beatles star Paul McCartney, Heather Mills, has unsuccessful in her bid to contest during a Winter Paralympic Games.
– The FA has forked a finger during Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and charged him for creation an violent gesticulate toward Manchester City fans.
– Andy Murray will play his initial rival tennis compare given Sep opposite Jo-Wilfried Tsonga during an muster contest in Abu Dhabi subsequent week
– Former Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle is pronounced to be meddlesome in returning to a bar to attain a sacked Andre Villas-Boas.
– Despite a latest death, World Cup organisers insist they aren’t sacrificing workman reserve in a rush to get venues prepared for subsequent year’s contest in Brazil.
AND FINALLY, SOME MORE GOOD NEWS
A Boston Marathon bombing plant who suffered serious browns has spin intent to a helper he met while in hospital. James Costello was with friends nearby a Boston Marathon finish line when a bombs went off, withdrawal him so badly burnt he compulsory pig skin grafts on his arm and leg.
“A few days after we saw a helper in passing, this would spin out to be Krista, who had common a few mutual friends, though we had never crossed paths before,” Mr Costello wrote on Facebook. “After pity a handful of conversations we realised not usually how pleasing she was though also what a kind heart she had. we somehow assured her to attend a advantage with me, that incited into a few dates, that incited into a few inseparable months.”